WELCOME TO THE NEVADA COURT REPORTERS ASSOCIATION
SAVE THE DATE!
NVCRA 2019 Annual Convention - April 13 and 14, 2019
SureStay Plus Hotel, Reno, Nevada
WANT TO BECOME A NEVADA LICENSED COURT REPORTER?
FOLLOWING IS THE SCHEDULE OF TEST DATES:
Friday, January 25, 2019 - Deadline for application and fee is January 11, 2019
Saturday, April 27, 2019 - Deadline for application and fee is April 12, 2019
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION AND FEE INFORMATION
A Letter from the NVCRA Board of Directors:
Dear Nevada Court Reporter:
The Board of the Nevada Court Reporters Association wants to acknowledge and thank all of you who have supported our association by being a member and encourage and invite those who have not to become members. Only with your support has the association over the past 40 years been able to promote and protect “the MOST important person in the room,” the live court reporter.
What are some of those accomplishments?
* Our annual convention with great speakers at a per credit price that can’t be beat
* Successfully passing legislation to increase fees in the courts
* Successfully fighting potential legislation that would negatively impact the freelance market
* Sponsoring and organizing the A to Z program so we can finally spread the word about this great profession
* Christmas parties, summer picnics, Habitat for Humanity, transcribing interviews of veterans for the “Battle Born” book
* Most importantly, supporting an exclusive club of exceptional people, court reporters
Unfortunately, over the last few years we have seen a decrease in our membership and a decrease in volunteers to fill important positions. We want to stop that trend and rebuild a strong association going into the future.
Renewing your membership, becoming a member for the first time, and recruiting your friends to become members is the most important step in making our association strong. We have open board and committee positions for anyone who wants to join us in supporting all the court reporters in Nevada. Being a part of the process is fun and extremely rewarding.
Save the date for our next annual convention which will be in Reno the weekend of April 13 and 14. In response to member comments about the long weekend, we are going to eliminate Friday night and have seminars through the days of Saturday and Sunday.
Nominations are open for the Stella Butterfield Distinguished Service Award to be presented at the 2019 convention. This award was created to recognize outstanding achievement in the field of court reporting in the state of Nevada. If you would like to nominate someone deserving of this award, please send an email to Donna Prather, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for being a member and we look forward to seeing everyone in April.
NVCRA Board of Directors